Contemporary Glamour - Frequently Asked Questions
Do you include the high-resolution digital images?
Yes, the high-resolution digital images along with full reprint rights authorizing you to have prints made are included with all packages. Only ordered images are included whether in print or digital form. All images will be fully retouched and enhanced, including skin smoothing, blemish removal, and editing of body parts that may not look their best.
How soon after my session will I receive my prints and products?
Turnaround time for your images to be ready for your viewing is usually 2 weeks. Once your images are ready, we can setup a personal viewing session where you can see your images on a very large screen and we can help you decide on prints and products. We can also upload your images to a private online gallery where you can order prints and products directly from the comfort of your home. Once your order is finalized, prints and products can take 1-2 weeks to arrive.
Do I really need an album or folio box?
Personally, we think that if you’re going to spend hundreds or thousands on portrait photography, you should have something tangible to display and be proud of. It is easy for memory cards and CDs of photos to sit in drawers, never to be printed and never to be shared and enjoyed. Ordering of any products and prints is completely up to you and you will never be pressured in to buying them.
Can we meet with you before I book my session?
We strongly recommend it. If possible we will either setup an in-person meeting or a webcam Skype session.
How do I book a session with you?
First, send us an email to let us know what you are interested in having done. We will contact you to discuss your specific needs and ideas. Once you are ready to book, we will send you a contract to make sure everything is in writing. Session fees are due at the time of booking and cancellations are accepted no later than 2 days before your session date. We accept cash, check, and all major credit cards.
Where will I have my session?
We can shoot your session in our home studio or at the location of your choice. Our home studio includes the use of natural light and strobe lights, props such as couches, chairs, and ottomans, and backgrounds of various colors.
What should I wear and bring to the session?
1. You should bring a variety of outfits so that you can have more distinct looks.
2. Bring 3-5 different outfits including different colors, neck lines, and styles. Some examples would be a flirty dress, a colorful dress, a neutral dress/outfit with fun accessories, a classy/dressed up outfit, and something casual such as jeans and a camisole.
3. Avoid busy patterns and logos of any kind.
4. Look for flowing material such as a floor-length dress with fabric you can twirl and throw around such as tulle.
5. Accessorize. Bring all sorts of necklaces, bracelets, costume jewelry, and hats. Flowers for your hair, a scarf for your shoulders, your favorite jacket will all add flare to your images.
6. Shoes will be photographed if you love them, but shoes are rarely photographed in glamour photography.
7. Lingerie can be one of your outfits. We will make sure to setup a private studio session for you so that you are comfortable. We will make sure that you look classy and incredible.
8. If the shoot is outdoors, pay attention to the weather and make sure at least one of your outfits fits with the current weather.
9. If you want something more unique or unusual for your session, let us know and we’ll help you create the concept for your shoot.
10. For some great ideas of what to wear, check out this Pinterest board by clicking here.
How should I prepare for the session?
1. If we are doing your makeup and hair, please come with no makeup and hair washed and dry.
2. If you are having your own makeup and hair done, make sure to hire a professional. They will make sure that you will look your best in front of a camera. Try to wear your hair down and loose with minimal hair spray. Clip-in extensions and wigs can be a great way to glam up your hairstyle. Makeup should fit the style of your outfit. A softer and more natural look is better suited for casual outfits and a dark and dramatic look for sexier outfits. Don’t forget to treat yourself to a manicure and pedicure. We want you to look your very best.
3. For some great ideas on makeup and hairstyles, check out this Pinterest board by clicking here.
Can I bring a friend?
Yes. A sister or close friend can be a great personal assistant to check your makeup and hair, assist you with your outfit selection, and be there for moral support. What if my friend wants to do a session, too?
Can we do our sessions together?
There are packages available for two people or larger groups. If you’re feeling intimidated about your session, this is a great way to share the experience. Make it a girls night out because you will look gorgeous!